Theater Works is a not-for-profit company which produces full seasons of theater (MasterWorks), youth theater (YouthWorks), puppet theater (PuppetWorks), educational camps, workshops, internships, and youth performances troupes (Stardust, Kids Alive!, and YouthWorks Academy). As the Managing Tenant of the Peoria Center for the Arts, Theater Works provides support for the comprehensive programming occurring at the Center.
Theater Works is seeking a graphic designer to assist in the creation and interpretation of our brand and mission. Working under the direction of the Managing Director, the designer will assist in the creation of materials and images both digital and print to promote the many events and programs offered by Theater Works and select events that occur at the Peoria Center for the Performing Arts. Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, creative environment with daily, weekly and long-term deadlines. Hours will be between 20-30 hours per month. Staff position or freelance contract professional negotiable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design clear engaging graphic communications for print and web. This will include print ads, direct mail pieces, branded promotional items, web site and social media graphics, posters, flyers, and other marketing materials as needed.
- Assist in the improvement and creation of Theater Works website, ticketing site and social media content
- Prior experience creating graphics and a solid grasp of design concepts
- Comfort working in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Enthusiasm for the design process and attentiveness to different project goals
- Having a computer and access to graphic design and layout software
- Must be extremely organized, detail oriented and have excellent time management skills
- Requires a basic knowledge of html coding and WordPress, advanced knowledge a plus
- Must have ability to work independently as well as in partnership with team
- Must be able to meet deadlines
We’d love to have you join the team. To apply, send us a cover letter, resume, and a sample of your design work to Cate Hinkle.
This internship provides an in-depth theatrical experience for high school students. Interns will divide their time between administrative support for the Summer Camp, as well as performing the duties of a teacher’s assistant in one or more summer classes.
Theater Works offers college-level internships in the following areas:
- Costume Shop
- Lighting Design
- Marketing & Communications
- Scenic Painting
- Stage Management
- Teaching Artist(s)