Reports to Managing Director
Salary Range: $12-15/hr + tips
Part-time Hourly Position
TheaterWorks’ Bartenders are professional, high-energy and have excellent communication skills. Bartenders primary responsibility is to serve classic cocktails and exciting new beverages to our patrons while exceeding customer needs and expectations. The Bartender will greet customers, learn about their preferences, answer questions, recommend menu items, and prepare and serve beverages. The Bartender will need to be very efficient and fast working to serve as many patrons as possible during short service times before shows and during intermissions. You will also upsell items, utilize proper equipment and ingredients, and handle basic cleaning duties.
To succeed as a Bartender, you should have a neat appearance and engaging, friendly personality. You should be efficient, observant, knowledgeable, and personable.
- Welcoming customers, reading and listening to people to determine beverage preferences, making recommendations, and serving drink orders quickly and accurately.
- Informing customers about new beverages and specials.
- Selecting and mixing ingredients, garnishing glasses, and serving beverages to customers as quickly as possible during service times
- Checking identification to ensure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol.
- Taking inventory and reporting needs to Managing Director for orders
- Adhering to all drink safety and quality regulations, and all food and beverage regulations.
- Handling cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons, balancing the cash register.
- Maintaining a clean work and service area by removing trash, cleaning, restocking inventory, and cleaning equipment.
- Diffusing tense situations between patrons or staff members to prevent possible safety or legal issues, ejecting unruly persons, if needed.
- Maintaining a fun, safe atmosphere for patrons.
- Stay guest-focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- High School Diploma.
- TIPS certification
- Food handlers license
- Trained in the creation of classic and innovative drinks
- Additional education, training, certificates, or experience may be required.
- Meets state minimum age to serve alcohol.
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Positive, engaging personality and professional appearance.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
- Eye for detail and understanding of drink mixing tools and techniques.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, etc for extended periods, and lift up to 25 lbs.
Please send resume to Cate Hinkle, Managing Director at email@example.com to be considered for this position.