DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION
Reports to Producing Artistic Director
Salary Range $42,000-$46,000 (Commensurate with experience)
The Director of Education is responsible for providing leadership, strategic direction, management and coordination for TheaterWorks YouthWorks programming. This person will work hand-in-hand with the Artistic Director to create and implement high-quality educational youth programming.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Artistic Director on the planning and implementing of high-quality educational programming activities
- Create and manage budgets for all youth programming
- Manages workshops, classes, summer camps and productions designed for community youth who want to explore the performing arts in exciting, energizing, and educational ways resulting in an enjoyable and fun experience for participants. These include, but are not limited to: Kids Alive, YouthWorks Academy and YouthWorks mainstage productions
- Manages relationships with like-minded community partners to leverage and support existing performing arts instruction while enhancing the experience through student involvement with a fully functioning community theater
- Provide opportunities for all youth who desire an opportunity to experience community theater
- Provides program management and direction for all contracted professionals who are involved in aspects of our youth programming
- Represent TheaterWorks as a spokesperson and presenter of our work through community events, donor sponsored events, and other speaking opportunities
- Works closely with the Development Manager to assist in raising philanthropic funding to support educational programs
- A passionate commitment to the TheaterWorks mission
- Highly entrepreneurial, resourceful, and flexible
- A strategist who is adept at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing, and following through while remaining highly energetic and focused
- Strong relationship-building skills which provide the ability to create strategic relationships with our patrons, our community and local business leaders
- A team builder with strong skills in management and leadership
- A catalyst with vision who can create excitement and energy around TheaterWorks programs and encourage others to support the organization – persuasive, persistent, and determined in the pursuit of the organization’s development goals
- Energetic and willing to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of development activities
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree Preferred
- Working knowledge of and minimum five years practical experience with youth programming and development systems and operations
- Ability to write in a clear and compelling fashion
- An eagerness to work collaboratively as part of a dynamic small management team
- Experience in strategic planning, ideally with a focus on a long-term growth and program expansion coupled with hands-on implementation
- High energy, positive attitude, enjoys challenging work
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism, integrity, and loyalty
- Has a positive attitude
- Ability to work with and learn office technology including databases, Microsoft Office and other systems
Position This is a full-time exempt position requiring in-person work. The position generally works Monday – Friday 10am – 6pm with some evening and weekends required.
- Team environment. You get to work at a theater!
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Health Insurance
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Professional Development Opportunities
Employment Requirements: Due to our work with young people, all serious candidates must submit to fingerprinting and a background criminal check. To support the health and safety of our staff and the communities we serve, TheaterWorks has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume of theater and educational experience to Artistic Director, Chris Hamby at firstname.lastname@example.org
TheaterWorks is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.