DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS: 0
SALARY RANGE: $60,000-$65,000 DOE
Theater Works seeks an ambitious and motivated individual to serve as the Director of Development. The Director of Development will work closely with the Executive Director, the Board and staff to plan and execute a strategic fundraising program that encompasses annual giving, major gifts, and planned giving, government grants, corporate sponsorships, special events and blended campaigns. The Director of Development is a key ambassador for the organization and will partner with the Executive Director, the Board, and key stakeholders to expand the Theater Works network of supporters.
The ideal candidate has experience working in fundraising in a mid-level position at a similar or larger institution. They have demonstrated experience in securing major gifts, planning stewardship events, creating revenue strategies, and planning and executing a gala. Grant writing and execution of grant follow-up is a vital component of this position. They have a passion for fundraising as storytelling and an eye for creating engaging special events for donors and patrons. They are knowledgeable and passionate about the arts and those who support it. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills are a must and the ideal candidate is a natural communicator and a strong collaborator. Strong strategic and leadership skills desired to grow and evolve the position and department with the company. The right person has a polished, outgoing personality, is at ease networking, attending events and being involved in a thriving arts community.
- Team player who can lead and be part of a team as an individual contributor.
- Able to build and foster new relationships with current and potential donors.
- Strong organizational skills with an emphasis on meeting deadlines and project management
- Has ability to respond to unusual and rapidly changing requirements with calm, flexibility, and an attitude of service.
- Creative problem solver who can troubleshoot to address complex and unique challenges.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member with a wide variety of people and in a wide variety of roles.
- Experience with AudienceView or comparable CRM, Database management, gift-processing systems.
- Valid AZ driver’s license
- This position reports in person.
- Some nights and weekends are required
- Desired start date 10/1/2023 or sooner
Theater Works is an equal-opportunity employer and strongly encourages people of color to apply. Salary range of $60,000-$65,000 commensurate with experience, plus competitive benefits.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, writing sample of a successful appeal or grant and resume, including three current professional references to:
Executive Director, Chris Hamby at: firstname.lastname@example.org
FRONT of HOUSE COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: Director of Patron Development
COMPENSATION: $17.50 p/h PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Scheduling shifts for House Managers & Bartenders
• Serve as the coordinator for Volunteer Ushers, ensuring shifts have adequate coverage, maintaining Volunteer Comp Tracker, and serving as volunteer point of contact.
• Manage Inventory for Bar/Concessions/Merchandise (this includes ordering and restocking as necessary)
• Manage Bar/Concessions menu (including Signature Cocktails/Mocktails)
• Ensuring that FOH Staff (House Managers, Bartenders, Ushers are delivering world-class service to our patrons)
• Lobby set-up as necessary (tables, chairs, signage, etc)
• Ensuring that patron areas, such as lobby & restrooms are well-maintained and clean
• Assist with Patron Service as needed during performances
• Preparing and logging House Manager Reports and Usher Sign In Sheets
• Assisting as back-up for other FOH positions, such as Box Office as needed
• Ensuring a positive FOH experience for all TheaterWorks patrons
• Creating creative ways to engage patrons and make their FOH experience special
• Other duties as assigned.
• 30 hours per week
• Varies: Monday – Friday, with additional hours and days as needed
• Available to work nights and weekends as needed
• Three or more years experience in a customer service or patron service role
• Proficient with email
• Maintain quality standards for all shows/events
• Demonstrate strong time management
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with supervisors, peers, and subordinates
• Ability to foster a safe, humane, collaborative, organized, respectful, and energized work environment with a positive attitude and a sense of humor
• Comprehensive knowledge of theater terminology
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines
• Attentive to detail, accountable and deadline oriented
• Must be highly motivated and a self-starter
• Proficient in Microsoft Office or Google docs/spreadsheets
• Must have a valid driver’s license
Interested candidates should send a resume and letter of introduction to
Paul Pedersen, Director of Patron Development at: email@example.com
Theater Works’ Bartenders are professional, high-energy and have excellent communication skills. Bartenders’ primary responsibility is to serve classic cocktails and exciting new beverages to our patrons while exceeding customer needs and expectations. Click here to download the full job description, including how to apply.
TheaterWorks is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.