Salary Range $45,000 – 55,000 (commensurate with experience)
Reports to Managing Director
The Development Manager is responsible for preserving and strengthening contributed revenue streams for the organization, managing annual giving programs with emphasis on the expansion of the donor pool and granting opportunities. This person has a true passion for the mission of TheaterWorks and the desire to work ambitiously towards its fulfillment.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Donor Management Manage and largely execute all annual fund cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities including direct mail, acquisition efforts, and digital campaigns; Administer stewardship program for annual fund donors; gift processing, donor database maintenance, prospect management, and other responsibilities including administrative support and reporting. Working with Managing Director to develop new donors and work to deepen engagement opportunities for foundation, corporate and individual donors.
- Event Management Plan, coordinate and execute annual fundraising Gala. Execute prospect generation, solicitation and stewardship plan for events sponsors. Spearheading the planning and execution of stewardship and cultivation events.
- Communication Works alongside Marketing team on generation of content, social media posts, annual giving solicitations and website content. Ability to tailor communication content, tone and method to audiences.
- Grant Management Lead the managing, maintaining and expansion of grant solicitations. Manage process of inquiry to application through monitoring and reporting.
- Strong organizational skills and close attention to detail absolutely necessary.
- Strong project management skills; ability to meet deadlines while maintaining good relations with colleagues.
- Ability to work at the conceptual level as well as the implementation phase.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Has a positive attitude.
- A genuine interest in and knowledge of theater.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Results-oriented with the tenacity to achieve goals despite challenges and barriers.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Must demonstrate creative thinking, self-direction and eagerness to grow. When given a starting point, you are comfortable stepping up and taking ownership.
- Service oriented approach a high priority. Professional, helpful and accommodating posture necessary at all times.
- Flexibility to work evening and weekends as needed.
- Ability to inspire and persuade.
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism, integrity and loyalty.
- Bachelor’s Degree in non-profit management, business, communication or related field desirable
- 3 years’ experience in fundraising
- Strong understanding of fundraising strategies and concepts
- Proven success in grant acquisition
- Proven success in donor acquisition
- Ability to work with and learn office technology including databases, Microsoft Office and other systems Experience with CRM software, particularly Tessitura a plus
- Team environment. You get to work at a theater!
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Health Insurance
- Flexible Work Schedule
Applicants for this position should send a resume, cover letter, salary requirements and two writing samples to:
Cate Hinkle, Managing Director
TheaterWorks is an equal opportunity employer, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, covered veteran status, marital status or any other status legally protected under applicable law.